Decipher who your target audience is. Once you know their dreams and challenges, you will be able to craft your message in a language they will understand and respond to. Here are a few guiding helpers to get the momentum going.
Who could benefit from your business, products or services? Think up as many possible variations as you can. You will find there is a segment you may never have considered before.
Consider these criteria:
• Education level
• Marital status
• Number & age of children
• Domestic vs. international
• Rural vs. urban
• Specific locations
• Existing vs. new customers
• Social media users by channel
• Mobile vs. desktop users
• Impulse vs. comparison shoppers
• Frequent vs. infrequent purchasers
Which specific customer segments represent your biggest opportunity?
Get as specific as possible across all the potential attributes to really hone in on your niche segment.
C) AUDIENCE PROFILE
Complete this with a single person in mind, from your biggest opportunity segment.
My ideal social media persona:
- Lives in:
- Job Title:
- Their biggest goal in the next three years in their personal life is:
- Their biggest goal in the next three years:
- Their celebrity/influencer role model is:
- If money was no object they would pursue this hobby:
- If money was no object they would pursue this with their family and friends:
- The biggest challenges keeping them from reaching their goals are:
- They often have sleepless nights just wishing that:
- They’re usually these social media channels:
- They check social media during these times:
- They check social media on these days:
- Their favourite content type is:
- The business pages they follow on Facebook and actively engage with include:
Once you have your audience outlined you can begin to create your message and advert that will speak directly to them.
Click this button to discover how to apply your audience outline to differentiate your services or product from a throng of competitors.stand out from the throng